Readers Today. Leaders Tomorrow.
Sign Up With First Book to Get New Books for Children in Your Community
Members of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) are reclaiming the promise to ensure that community providers, educators and all those working with our youngest leaders – our children – are well prepared and supported.
In partnership with AFT, First Book is committed to providing the books and resources you need.
If you work or represent one of the following organizations or programs, sign up with First Book to get free and low-cost new books for children in your area.
- Head Start
- Title I or Title I eligible School
- USDA Food and Nutrition Program
- Federally Qualified Health Center
- Title VII recipient
- Military family support program
- Library with an E-rate of 90
- A program primarily serving children with disabilities.
- A program where at least 70% of children come from low-income families.
When signing up, be sure to indicate your affiliation with AFT to stay informed about book grants and special opportunities. If you have questions or need assistance contact First Book at 866-READ-NOW or firstname.lastname@example.org.