Donate Inventory for Kids in Need with First Book
Donating inventory to First Book directly impacts the life of a child in need– and improves your bottom line.
Inventory Donations Change the Story for Kids in Need
For more than 30 years, First Book has transformed the lives of children in need by making brand-new, high-quality books, school supplies, toys, personal care items, and other essentials available and affordable to the educators and kids who need them most. Each year, we reach more than 5 million children. To date, we have distributed more than 225 million critical resources to educators and kids in all 50 states and Canada.
We partner with outstanding companies that care about making a difference on behalf of kids and heroic educators. Tax-deductible gifts of brand-new excess, obsolete, or discontinued inventory support and empower educators to address the critical needs of their students and communities.
Why Donate Inventory to First Book?
Donating inventory to First Book is not only good for kids and educators, but also for companies. There are immediate benefits– like freeing up warehouse space and diverting hundreds of tons of inventory from landfills– as well as long-term benefits:
- Move Large Quantities Quickly: We are a national program and can accept and distribute large quantities of inventory from a single pallet to multiple truckloads.
- Gain Corporate Tax Benefit: Companies may be eligible to qualify for tax deductions. Consult your tax advisors for details.
- Protect Your Brand: Liquidating or remaindering inventory can often end up in the secondary market-competing with your new stock, cannibalizing sales, and degrading your brand.
- Grow Your Philanthropy: We make it easy. Ship your donation to First Book and we’ll handle the rest. We provide documentation and manage distribution to our pre-vetted community of over 575,000 educators in schools and programs serving kids in need.
We Get Resources to Kids – Fast!
Product donations are available to educators through the First Book Marketplace. Unlike other programs, educators have 24-hour, year-round access to choose the resources that best meet the needs of their individual students. No need to wait for a local event or be chosen from a list! Educators pay nominal shipping and handling, and products are shipped right to their door.
Most Requested Products
We accept only brand-new products. Don’t see your product on this list? We love getting creative and are happy to chat with you!
- Children’s books for ages 0-12 in single title cartons
- School and office supplies,
- Toys, games, puzzles, STEM kits, and other hands-on learning tools
- Personal care items at least 6 months from expiration, and
- Seasonal items (e.g., holiday, winter apparel, summer activities)
- We are unable to accept food, Hazmat, or self-published book donations at this time.
Ready to donate?
We would love to explore ways to work together and provide many more books and resources to kids who need them. To learn more about donating inventory to First Book, email us at email@example.com. If you’re ready to make a donation, share details about your gift with us using the link below!