First State Initiative
First Book is teaming up with the State of Delaware to provide books to disadvantaged children in the state.
Calling all Delaware Educators/Care Providers!
Register now to be part of the First Book Network to gain access to free and low-cost resources, grant funding and other special opportunities, including an invitation to participate in the Family Book Events at Brandywine High School and North Georgetown Elementary School on December 17:
The First Book First State Initiative was created to ensure that every Delaware school and program serving disadvantaged children has access to free and low cost books and resources.
Join the First Book Network if you work for or at one of the following organizations or programs.:
- Head Start
- Title I or Title I eligible School
- USDA Food and Nutrition Program
- Federally Qualified Health Center
- Title VII recipient
- Military family support program
- Library with an E-rate of 90
- A program primarily serving children with disabilities.
- A program where at least 70% of children come from low-income families.
First Book, First State
Delaware is the first State to collaborate with First Book to provide equal access to quality education for disadvantaged children. As the First State in the nation, we commit to ensure that every educator and program serving children in need is signed up with First Book, enabling access to thousands of free and low cost books and resources for years to come.
Our goal is to ensure that:
- every child in need across Delaware has an age and reading level appropriate home library,
- every class has a relevant class library,
- and every program and school has a relevant library