Annual In-Store Fundraiser
dd’s DISCOUNTS and First Book are proud to partner again for the 13th annual in-store fundraiser, taking place from July 31-August 22 at dd’s DISCOUNTS store locations nationwide. Over the course of three weeks, dd’s DISCOUNTS associates will conduct a point-of-sale fundraiser asking customers if they’d like to make a donation to a local beneficiary. This hyper-local fundraiser ensures that dollars raised in a community, stay in the community.
During the 2019 Youth Literacy Fundraiser, stores nationwide raised over $800,000 for local beneficiaries!
How It Works
- First Book matches dd’s DISCOUNTS’ stores to a local beneficiary (e.g., a school) within a 3-5 mile distance.
- During the annual Youth Literacy Fundraiser, dd’s employees will ask customers to donate at checkout.
- Funds raised will go directly to the local beneficiaries, so they can buy books from First Book’s Marketplace. This partnership ensures the money impacts the local community.
- Receive grant funding to purchase new books from the First Book Marketplace.
- Engage your local community to help make a change.
- Get, on average, over 900 new books for the students you serve!
- Use the books as needed to build school libraries and classroom libraries or send them home with kids to build their collections.
- Visit your matched dd’s DISCOUNTS store before the fundraiser begins.
- Provide some decorations to help the store paint a picture of the school or program that the customer will be helping.
- Spend your grant funding within the three-month window at First Book’s Marketplace.
- Send thank-you notes to the store and store employees acknowledging them for their hard work and let them know how the grants have impacted you and your kids!