There’s no better feeling than seeing a kid’s reaction to getting a new book of their very own. Their eyes grow wide, their jaws drop, and they even scream with excitement.
But many will write to First Book to let them know how much the books meant to them, after the surprise and delight of first cracking open the cover for the first time.
Kids have a way with words. Some melt our hearts, and others put a smile on our faces.
We hope these Top 6 Funniest Thank You Notes, written by kids, will bring you as much joy as the books brought them!
1. This note is from Abigail. You really didn’t have to be so nice, but if you wanted to do it again, she wouldn’t be mad about it.
2. Sean has his priorities in check and wants to make sure you know.
3. Lupita’s message that cuts to the chase: reading for pleasure rules.
4. Perla’s extremely self-aware card, where she walks you through her thought process of deciding to write this message.
5. William’s carefully crafted review of “Shiloh,” which, in our opinion, was absolutely beautiful.
6. Conrad’s excitement for a good plot twist CANNOT be contained.
Thank you to First Book’s supporters who made these kids’ days with the gift of books! To keep making stories like these possible and receive personal notes on your impact from the kids and educators you’ve helped, join The Book Club. Starting at $30/month, you’ll receive a monthly package, including specially curated books you’ll love, while making a lasting impact for the kids we serve.