- every child in need across DE has an age and reading level appropriate home library,
- every class has a relevant class library,
- and every program and school has a relevant library
We want to make Delaware the first state in the nation to implement this vision, and to truly commit to supporting the literacy and education of our students. As part of this vision, we want to be the first state in the nation to ensure that every educator and program serving children in need is signed up with First Book, enabling access to thousands of free and low cost books and resources for years to come.
Additionally, join the First State Initiative in Wilmington as we bring a truck load of 40,000 brand-new books to DE in mid-December to get books in the hands of the kids you serve!
If you work or represent one of the following organizations or programs, sign up now with First Book to get free and low-cost new books for children in your area:
- Head Start
- Title I or Title I eligible school
- USDA Food and Nutrition Program
- Federally qualified health center